Tue 5 Mar 2013
Posted by Michael Campbell under The Path of Addiction Recovery
Comments Off on 8 Keys to Overcoming Addiction: #8 is to be Proactive in Recovery
Life in recovery can have many benefits and positive experiences. The key to staying in recovery is to discover the goodness and the fulfillment life has to offer when you are drug-free.
People who are engaged in a proactive recovery from addiction:
- Do things to help them manage stress
- Work on building and sustaining healthy relationships, especially a relationship with God
- Find a worthwhile and fulfilling purpose in life
- Clarify and reinforce healthy beliefs, and practice holding on to what is important
- Practice healthy self-care, including daily prayer and meditation
- Have fun, laugh, play, and enjoy life to its fullest
- Show gratitude for all that they are and all that they have
No Responses to “ 8 Keys to Overcoming Addiction: #8 is to be Proactive in Recovery ”
Sorry, comments for this entry are closed at this time.